Sunday 27 May 2012

The Granny Blanket.......
I really should have called this blog "Procrastination Central".

I've been busy crocheting my new granny blanket but I've put off blogging about it (except in my head - and you call all read that can't you!!) until I worked out how to use the sons' camera a bit better.  I also need to work out how to fix the lousy photos I do take. Photoshop is like a whole new thing with such a different language and too many ways to tweak.  I get lost and never know which is the best thing to do to fix the photo.

Anywho I do know how to crop the photos so I've got a couple that I'll put up as is.


Brown colour way

Varigated Centre with pink and white



As you can see they aren't the traditional granny squares.  Yes my old old ones from my stash are still sitting there waiting to be used. I have sorted them and gotten rid of the colour combos I just couldn't live with, so some progress has been made.

I was seduced by the lure of something new.  I found the pattern for these great squares and just got swept away in the excitement of "NEW".  Did anyway just think "easily distracted"?

I've decided to go with the brown colour way and leave the variegated centres for another day.  The pattern for the block is from the leaflet "Amazing Star Afghans" which is out of print but you can buy it from the daughter of the designer as an electronic download from www.stores.ebay.com/QueenOfAllCrafts  - Look for JAO patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment